Robert A. Morris (1993) The Changing Scene
. Psycoloquy: 4(25) Frame Problem (9)
Versions: ASCII formatted
Psycoloquy 4(25): The Changing Scene
THE CHANGING SCENE
Robert A. Morris
Book Review of Ford & Hayes on the Frame Problem
Computer Science Department
Florida Institute of Technology
Melbourne, FL 32901
This volume is a useful guides to recent advances in AI
and cognitive science towards a satisfactory solution to the frame
problem. Being an original collection, many of the contributions
further the advance of research in this area. In addition, many of
the articles point the way for the reader interested in exploring
broader foundational issues.
Frame-problem, artificial intelligence, temporal logics,
independent persistence, attention, Hume, dynamic frames,
- Dietrich, E. (1991) The First International Workshop on Human and Machine Cognition, Pensacola, Florida. Topic: The Frame Problem. AI Magazine, 11(5) 60-64.
- Ford, K.M. and P.J. Hayes (1991) Reasoning Agents in a Dynamic World: The Frame Problem, Greenwich: JAI Press.
- Ford, K. and Pylyshyn, Z., eds. (1992) The Robot's Dilemma Revisited: The Frame Problem in Artificial Intelligence, in press.
- Ginsberg, M. (ed.) (1987) Readings in Non-Monotonic Reasoning. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Inc.
- McCarthy, J. (1993) History of Circumscription. Artificial Intelligence 59, 23-26.
- Minsky, M. (1974) A framework for Representing knowledge. MIT Lab Memo # 306.
- Van Brakel, J. (1992) The complete description of the frame problem. PSYCOLOQUY 3(60) frame-problem.2.